Antibiotic overuse has far-reaching effects on patients’ general health, as well as possible connections to HIV, diabetes, and obesity. Here’s...
In the October, 2017 audiocast, “...
In this "3 in 3" video, Christopher M. Herndon, PharmD, discusses effective treatments for the constipation, nausea and vomiting, and pruritus...
In his latest audiocast, Doug Campos-Outcalt, MD, MPA, reviews the newly FDA-approved herpes zoster subunit vaccine and the Advisory Committee on...
Subacute loss of vision in one eye • rash on hands and feet • plaques with scaling on genitals • Dx?
► Subacute loss of vision in one eye
► Rash on hands and feet
► Plaques with scaling on genitals
EVIDENCE-BASED ANSWER: It’s unclear whether educational initiatives alone alter vaccine refusal. Although about a third of parents cite herd...
The lesions on this patient’s trunk had been growing in size—and number—over the past 42 years. The pattern of these lesions proved helpful in...
Yes, adding azithromycin to the usual antibiotic protocol in nonelective c-sections reduces infections. But not everyone can take advantage of it...
► Erythematous, friable nipple with loss of protrusion
► History of breastfeeding
Each of the available testing methods has advantages and disadvantages. An individual’s age, level of risk, and other personal factors help...
Pharmacologic and/or psychotherapeutic interventions are effective for most patients. But first, you must rule out organic causes of the patient’s...
Walking was as good as PT and exercise classes in one back pain study.
This collaborative care model can improve the management of patients with chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes. But implementation has...
Osteopathic manipulative treatment helps patients with lower back pain. The evidence for its effectiveness with headaches and IBS, however, is...
Hot Topics in Primary Care
- Hot Topics in Primary Care
- Major Depressive Disorder in the Primary Care Setting: Strategies to Achieve Remission and Recovery
- Practical Approaches in the Management of Bipolar Depression: Overcoming Challenges and Avoiding Pitfalls
- A Special Supplement on Women’s Health
- Integrating Incretin-Based Therapy into Type 2 Diabetes Management
- Getting to Goal: How Thiazide-Type Diuretics, Following the Guidelines, and Improving Patient Adherence Can Help
- A Special Supplement on Men's Health
- Managing Type 2 Diabetes in Men
- Addressing Unmet Needs With Injectable Medications in Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- Using Multi-Condition Assessment to Optimize Management of Mental Health in Primary Care
- Effect of Non–Insulin-Based Glucose-Lowering Therapies on Cardiovascular Outcomes in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
Hot Topics in Primary Care
- The Benefits and Risks of Oral Antiplatelet Therapy in Patients With Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Elements for Success in Managing Type 2 Diabetes With SGLT-2 Inhibitors
- Control of COPD Symptoms: Addressing an Unmet Need
- Role of the Kidney in Type 2 Diabetes and Mechanism of Action of Sodium Glucose Cotransporter-2 Inhibitors
- Management of Daily Glycemic Fluctuations in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Vitamin and Mineral Intake Is Inadequate for Most Americans: What Should We Advise Patients About Supplements?